Once light is shed on what REALLY needs to happen at impact between the club face and the ball, then the once odd-unnatural-“illogical” movements that make up a dependable golf swing can be accepted by the mind and only then can you make progress with the physical part of the game.
Pay attention here – you are on the verge of transforming your game – I promise you!
A. “AJ Bonar, Moment (Arm) of Truth in Golf, 2018 Be Better Golf“
Watch 7:45 to 12:50 mark
B. “AJ Bonar Teaches How to Make Golf Impact, Be Better Golf“
Watch 4:00 – 11:15 mark
SPECIAL attention to 7:00 – 8:45 mark
C. “AJ Bonar, Truth About the Moment of IMPACT in Golf“
> top of club face goes faster than bottom at and through impact.
Watch 5:40 – 11:00
SPECIAL attention 8:00 – 9:15 mark AND 11:00 -12:30*
*The 11-12:30 mark is what the “late hit” technique dynamics are all about:
- That is, in order to hit the ball straight the club face must be slightly open at first-impact which imparts a slight slice-effect torque on the ball…
- …which is countered by the face’s toe then outpacing the heel to impart a draw-effect torque on the ball to counter the initial first-impact slice-effect.
- These countering slice-then-draw forces cancel each other for a ball that flies straight.
- With this exact understanding of what happens at impact…
- …you can see why Peter Croker and I teach a technique involving throwing the right heel pad at the ball and feeling that orientation nearly all the way up until the last micro second before impact…
- …which keeps the face ever so slightly open at first-impact even while the right elbow is slightly bent and making first-impact with that club face slightly open creating the ball’s initial slice-torque.
- The bent right elbow at first-impact is the core factor in delaying the hit!
- The “late hit” occurs as the right elbow straightens through impact…
- …that elbow-straightening action leads automatically to the right thumb pad catching up to the right heel pad which translates to the toe outpacing the heel to create the draw-torque which counters the initial first-impact slice-torque!
- Click here for my video where I present that right hand action; start at the 22:12 mark.
- For “late hit” training drills click here for my video; start at 33:45 mark.
After you REALLY take the time to digest the content of the video segments above, then when you
- go through my Article, “Stop coming over the top golf swing – fix slice“, and-or
- watch my Youtube video, “Instinctive golf swing, backswing, transition, downswing, impact follow-thru (CAPTIONS ON!)”
- Click on image below to open video. START Mark 13:25
…then you will see that the concepts and movements actually make A LOT of sense…and
…then you’ll be able to make the unnatural become natural.
For instance, throwing the heel-hosel at the ball from the top of the backswing seems to be a ridiculous concept!
- But throwing the heel at the ball [as demonstrated in my video to the left], is the direction of hit that is required for the “late hit” dynamics.
- That “direction of throw” incites the instinctive sequence of kinesiology events in the left forearm-wrist that automatically create the impact dynamics laid out in the AJ Bonar videos above!
- And that direction of throw keeps the right hand’s heel pad on an inside-to-out “karate chop” line to the ball that
- holds off the right forearm from rotating-rolling too early thus allowing the right elbow to come into the ball slightly bent so that it can straighten through impact for power and stability; this is the “late hit” feeling everyone has heard about but only eludes to!
- articulates the upper right arm such that it “bumps” into the upper right pectoral area and starts to PUSH the body open in sync with the arms; in this way we create a timing-free initiation of body rotation that is automatically in sync with the arms!
The technique my mentor, Peter Croker, PGA-Australia, and I teach, and the way we teach it,
- has all of the left arm-club shaft alignment and “late hit” angles needed for both maximum impact inertia and ball compression built in.
- I’ll show you how to generate momentum from a freely swinging club head…
- …so that your sensory motor system feels-senses that momentum and can reflexively react to CREATE the classic mechanics that will produce the type of legendary ball-striking laid out in the video segments above.
- “Golf Practice Routine – Swing Feel“
Let’s make golf a reflex sport!
Read on to experience a powerful realization that will transform your game.
Yes, its an odd statement given we swing at a stationary golf ball; allow me 1 minute to explain.
- I teach how your hands react reflexively to the club’s movement…
- …and how the body in turn reacts to the hands’ movements.
In this way you’ll learn,
- how to hit a golf ball with fluid thought-free timing-free movements because you’ll instinctively feel your way through the swing…
- …versus the all-too-common undependable method of “thinking” one’s way through the swing.
Put another way,
- there is an instinctive tango between the club head’s momentum and the hands, where the club head momentum is the lead dancer…
- …simultaneously there is an instinctive tango between the hands and the body, where the hands are the lead dancer.
This is how you’ll develop a consistent golf swing controlled by your thought-free sensory motor system versus your cognitive thinking [which invites hoping-worrying] system.
- Please click to see my in-depth Article including short video segments, “Subconscious Golf [Counter-Intuitive] Battles You Must Win” for more about how your logic and thinking are working against you.
- Once you shed light on what hitting the golf ball is REALLY all about, then the changes you need to make become almost obvious and the road to making those changes is cleared of any doubts.
- That is, the somewhat odd [illogical] movements made in a dependable golf swing won’t seem odd anymore because you’ll understand the absolute necessity for such movements…
- …and your mind will allow you to make those once unnatural movements seem natural in fairly short order with my training.
Here’s more about our step-by-step teaching approach:
- We’d start by getting you skilled with how the hands work on small hits [putts, chips and pitches].
- On these small shots you’ll experience how the hands react to a slight bit of club head momentum.
- Once the hands are reacting properly on the little hits, we get the club head and hands moving more so you can experience how the body reacts to what the hands are doing.
- Click the image below for my video overview of the training approach.
Here’s how to engage me for lessons.
See my student reviews.
If you like what you see, here are the basics around engaging me:
- Private Lesson [75 minutes] $60.
- Semi-Private Lesson [75 minutes] $35 per student.
- Year-round I teach at various facilities in Lapeer, Genesee & Oakland counties [Michigan].
- $10 discount on first in-person lesson with Ted when you subscribe to Croker’s online golf academy.
Some students purchase my mentor’s online golf academy to supplement our in-person lessons [click image below].
[For folks too far away, I can help with your journey through the online academy using internet interfacing technology.]
Learn the same methodology as featured on this Golf Digest cover with Peter Croker, PGA-Australia!
Click image below for video of my mentor, Peter Croker, PGA Australia, [featured on this Golf Digest cover] demonstrating the “A to B” master drill.
Let’s make golf a reflex sport!